I have spent the entire day fixing up my Java code in my timbreMap project. Not only am I moving to Linux (from OpenDarwin) but I’m also updating to Java 1.5. There was a weird problem I ran into that I haven’t been able to solve as gracefully as I wanted. For the GUI fields displaying numbers I have used the following technique:

On my current system, the java compiler (which happens to be the Eclipse compiler which may be a problem - in any event I don’t use Eclipse) can’t find the javax.swing.text.NumberFormatter class. Now, it may have been removed in 1.5 but I can’t seem to find any references to that either.

Click the tag/category for related posts